The highly anticipated Maelstrom line, targeted for law enforcement and military, is finally here in the G5 with others to follow later this year. I can’t wait to hold this light and see what a year of research and development feels like. MSRP $149.95
(The following is from 4Sevens.com)
The Maelstrom G5 follows 4Seven’s design philosophy of “function over form.” From the start, the G5 was conceived with these basic goals:
- One-inch weapon mountable body
- Most advanced LEDs and optics
- Brightest, farthest-projecting solution in a compact, rugged package.
- Highly efficient, top-binned CREE XP-G emitter
- Fine-tuned deep, smooth reflector
- Useful range of over 100 meters
- Eight versatile modes of output are easily accessible by simply rotating the head. A completely silent 4-point switch allows selecting through the modes without detection, ideal for tactical situations. The eight modes are split into two sets. The most commonly used modes of output are placed as the first two positions (tight and immediately loosened) for both sets of modes: Max/Strobe, and High/Medium.
- Generous knurling throughout the surface of the entire light ensures confident grip even in the messiest of situations.
- Removable grip ring, clip, and crenated stainless steel strike bezel. A flat-black aluminum bezel and grip ring replacement are included.
- Shock-mounted battery design holds the batteries firmly inside to the body of the light, avoiding self-destructive battery movement. The light is ready to be weapon mounted.
- Patent-pending anti-rattle design that accomodates both 2xCR123A and 1×18650 without the need of spacers or adapters.
- Custom molded holster shaped for the G5 is included. This holster is designed to help retain the light even when flap is open.
- A tactical ‘clicky’ switch is fully exposed in the tailcap for easy access, even when wearing gloves.
- Length: 6.0 in
- Body Diameter: 1.0 in
- Head Diameter: 1.5 in
- Weight (w/o batteries): 5.1 oz
- Power: (1) 18650 or (2) CR123A batteries (button-top cells only)
- Operating Range: 2.7V~12V
Typical Output and Runtimes
- Moonlight: 0.2 lumens, 7.5 days
- Low: 4.0 lumens, 3.0 days
- Medium: 28 lumens, 22 hours
- High: 200 lumens, 3.1 hours
- Max: 350 lumens, 1.3 hours
- Strobe: 2.7 hours
- S.O.S.: 8.5 hours
- Beacon: 30 days
If you would like to read more about this light and to read comments from flashlight enthusiasts, check out 4Sevens release on candlepowerforums: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=231921