Posted on July 28, 2010 by apolloflashlights
The highly anticipated Maelstrom line, targeted for law enforcement and military, is finally here in the G5 with others to follow later this year. I can’t wait to hold this light and see what a year of research and development feels like. MSRP $149.95
(The following is from 4Sevens.com)
The Maelstrom G5 follows 4Seven’s design philosophy of “function over form.” From the start, the G5 was conceived with these basic goals:
- One-inch weapon mountable body
- Most advanced LEDs and optics
- Brightest, farthest-projecting solution in a compact, rugged package.
- Highly efficient, top-binned CREE XP-G emitter
- Fine-tuned deep, smooth reflector
- Useful range of over 100 meters
- Eight versatile modes of output are easily accessible by simply rotating the head. A completely silent 4-point switch allows selecting through the modes without detection, ideal for tactical situations. The eight modes are split into two sets. The most commonly used modes of output are placed as the first two positions (tight and immediately loosened) for both sets of modes: Max/Strobe, and High/Medium.
- Generous knurling throughout the surface of the entire light ensures confident grip even in the messiest of situations.
- Removable grip ring, clip, and crenated stainless steel strike bezel. A flat-black aluminum bezel and grip ring replacement are included.
- Shock-mounted battery design holds the batteries firmly inside to the body of the light, avoiding self-destructive battery movement. The light is ready to be weapon mounted.
- Patent-pending anti-rattle design that accomodates both 2xCR123A and 1×18650 without the need of spacers or adapters.
- Custom molded holster shaped for the G5 is included. This holster is designed to help retain the light even when flap is open.
- A tactical ‘clicky’ switch is fully exposed in the tailcap for easy access, even when wearing gloves.
- Length: 6.0 in
- Body Diameter: 1.0 in
- Head Diameter: 1.5 in
- Weight (w/o batteries): 5.1 oz
- Power: (1) 18650 or (2) CR123A batteries (button-top cells only)
- Operating Range: 2.7V~12V
Typical Output and Runtimes
- Moonlight: 0.2 lumens, 7.5 days
- Low: 4.0 lumens, 3.0 days
- Medium: 28 lumens, 22 hours
- High: 200 lumens, 3.1 hours
- Max: 350 lumens, 1.3 hours
- Strobe: 2.7 hours
- S.O.S.: 8.5 hours
- Beacon: 30 days
If you would like to read more about this light and to read comments from flashlight enthusiasts, check out 4Sevens release on candlepowerforums: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=231921
Filed under: 4sevens | Tagged: 350 lumens, 4sevens, 4Sevens.com, G5, law enforcement, maelstrom, military | Leave a Comment »
Posted on April 27, 2010 by apolloflashlights
I finally received three new Jetbeam flashlights today. The RRT-3 and two M1X. I’ve been reading about and looking forward to Jetbeam’s newest light, the RRT-3. I will try to be short on words and long on pictures.
The five Jetbeam flashlights are from left to right: RRT-3, M1x, Jet-III M, RRT-0, and Jet-1 Pro. The beamshots are my first attempt and don’t do the light justice. The indoor shots include all seven outputs. I did not include the low on the outdoor shots because you couldn’t see anything. The indoor shots are from about 10′ and the outdoor shots are from about 100′ away. If you would like any other pictures please leave me a comment.
Filed under: Jetbeam | Tagged: 1200 lumens, Jetbeam, law enforcement, rrt-3, searchlight, spotlight, SST-50 | 1 Comment »
Posted on March 3, 2010 by apolloflashlights
This flashlight, the Jetbeam Jet-I PRO V.3 just became my EDC (everyday carry) front pocket light replacing a much lesser quality chinese made light the I bought early last year sometime. The throw (the ability to project light over a distance) on this small of a light is incredible. And the fact that I can program each of the three modes to exactly the output is want, is a great plus. I also am using a 3.7V AA lithium rechargeable (also known as a 14500) in order to get the maximum output of 240 lumens (compared to 145 lumens on a regular or lithium AA). This light comes with either a warm tint led (renders colors better) or a cool tint (brighter, very white light). Anyone needing a small light that is ultra reliable, has great throw, very high output, long runtime, and light weight, I highly recommend this light. Besides the standard accessories, I will also include two lithium batteries and a holster (if, needed).
Cost is $75.00
The Jet-III Military is a very popular light among the military, police, and search and rescue. This light has a maximum output of 225 lumens with a runtime of 1, 2, or 3 hours depending on whether you are using rechargeable CR123 , regular Cr123, or an 18650 3.7V rechargeable lithium ion. On the opposite end of the output spectrum, this light will run for up to 200 hrs at just 2 lumens, which is great for reading at night. As you have read, this light has two modes. With the head tightened, the light is always on max. And the user can program the output they want with the head loosened from 2 – 225 lumens or from a slow strobe to a very fast disorienting strobe. Throw on this light is VERY impressive for a light of its size. You can light up anything within 200 meters (approx. 660 feet). I just recommend that you not light up your friends from close range, unless you trying to annoy them, which you will, or run away from them, which you may need to. Besides the standard accessories, I will also include four lithium batteries and a holster (if, needed).
Cost is $85.00
The Jetbeam RRT-0 Raptor is one of Jetbeams newest lights. You change levels by rotating the stainless steel control ring. Output ranges from 240 lumens on high to 1 lumen on lower low with runtimes of 45 min. to 100 hours. And it has an effective range of 200 meters.It uses a CR123/ R(echargeable)CR123 lithium but with the AA extension it can also use an alkaline, Ni-MH rechargeable, or a 3.7V lithium AA rechargeable. This light would make a great pistol light.
Besides the standard accessories, I will also include two lithium batteries of your choice (AA or CR123 lithium) and a holster (if, needed).
Cost for this light is $102.00
Jetbeams M1X is one light to behold, or in this case, hold. It is rated at 450 lumens with a range of 500+ yards, that over a 1/4 mile! And with the right batteries (3.7V 18650 lithium rechargeables), it will run for 3 hours on high and 300 hours (12.5 days!) on low. This light is programmed like the Jet-III M. High with the head tight and user programmable mode with head slightly loosened. Anyone needing a search light, anyone wanting to see across a field looking for livestock, or anyone that hunts at night (legally) needs to check this bad boy out. When you see this light in action, you might just stare in awe, just don’t stare into the light! Light includes the battery extension and four Cr123 batteries.
Cost for this light is $150.00
Filed under: Jetbeam | Tagged: Jet-I Pro V3, Jet-III M, Jetbeam, law enforcement, LEO, M1X, military, raptor, RRT-0 | Leave a Comment »